Applications sought for the position of Parish Secretary at St Joan of Arc Parish, Haberfield. Position is permanent part time, hours negotiable – minimum 18 hours per week. Responsible to the Parish Priest and working also with the Pastoral Associate, the suitable applicant will be expected to be competent across requirements including having:-
- Strong and respectful verbal and written communication skills to manage and respond to email, phone and door calls;
- Exceptional organisational skills as office manager;
- High level of proficiency in using Microsoft Office 365 & Publisher;
- Highly service oriented;
- Attention to detail required with data entry of parish records and registers;
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain positive working relationships and cooperation with Parish committees and volunteers;
- Familiarity with financial systems (MYOB) is desirable;
- Understanding of accounting processes, including banking, reconciliations, payroll, accounts payable, taxation, financial reporting;
- Ability to work to deadlines while managing competing priorities;
- Understanding of safeguarding requirements and ability to ensure compliance including ,Work Health and Safety, Child Protection policy, COVID-19 regulations.
Previous experience as a Parish Secretary is an advantage. For a confidential discussion about this rewarding position please contact Fr Phil Zadro on 9798 6657.
Applications should include a covering letter outlining suitability for the role, a statement addressing each of the above requirements and a resume with referee details including the contact details of your parish priest.
Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include but not be limited to a National Police Check and NSW Working with Children Check.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Send your application to Fr Phillip Zadro at [email protected]
Applications close 22 December 2021.